Nexium 24HR tablets
Nexium 24HR esomeprazole tablets are for the lasting symptomatic relief of frequent heartburn, acid regurgitation and other symptoms associated with gastro-oesophageal reflux.
24 hour protection
Single daily dose
Frequent heartburn relief
Live Life Less Interrupted
Directions for use
Adults 18 years and over: Take 1 tablet daily for at least 7 days and up to 14 days.
Swallow the tablet whole with water, with or without food. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Not intended for immediate relief. It may take a few days to achieve maximum results.
Do not take for more than 14 days unless directed by a doctor.
Carefully read the leaflet provided with the product before use.
- Do not use:
- for children under 18 years of age
- if allergic to esomeprazole
- if allergic to any other proton pump inhibitor (omeprazole, rabeprazole, lansoprazole, pantoprazole)
- if you are taking antiretroviral medicines, such as atazanavir
- if you are taking cilostazol, a medicine used to treat pain and/or cramping in the lower leg (or arms) due to inadequate blood flow to the muscles
- if you are breastfeeding or intend to breastfeed
- if the expiry date printed on the pack has passed
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist before use if you:
- are pregnant or intend to become pregnant
- have or ever have had serious liver disease
- are taking digoxin (a medicine used to treat heart problems)
- are taking ketoconazole (a medicine used to treat fungal infections)
- are taking clopidogrel or warfarin (medicines used to stop the blood clotting)
- are taking other medicines regularly
CAUTION: This preparation is for the relief of minor and temporary ailments and should be used strictly as directed.
Keep to recommended dose. If an overdose is taken or suspected telephone your doctor or the Poisons Information Centre (Australia 13 11 26) or go to the Accident and Emergency department at your nearest hospital.
Tell your pharmacist or doctor if you do not feel well while you are taking Nexium 24HR Once Daily Dosing.
If symptoms persist or recur within 2 weeks of completing the course, consult your doctor.
Where to Buy
Nexium 24HR Tablets are available in pack sizes of 7s and 14s from your local pharmacy. Click here to find out where you can buy Nexium 24HR Tablets.
Esomeprazole magnesium trihydrate 22.3mg (equivalent to esomeprazole 20mg)
Always take this medicine exactly as described in the leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist have told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
*Based on volume of the capsule as compared to Nexium 24HR Once Daily Dosing Tablets